Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays



Well we got it, we shoveled it and we survived almost 24 hours without power, it was touch and go at times. Festivities are in full force here. All of the advent calendars have been updated, cookies have been baked and reindeer food prepared, by all accounts we are ready for Christmas Day. Luke and I have been busy in the kitchen preparing the Christmas Eve dinner to include green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, Jayne's stuffing, potatoes, dinner rolls and last but certainly not least Luke's goose! This should be interesting. Needless to say he will be the only one eating goose tonight but at least I know that if ever the world comes to an utter disaster "my man" will be able to kill me some food! We even have homemade fudge which may be shocking to some of you but yes this year I mastered a fudge recipe. I am woman hear me roar!!!!! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy Luke finally got his stuffing! Now that I know that is the only reason he comes to family gatherings, it will ALWAYS be on the menu!

Anonymous said...

What? Someone cooked a Christmas goose?

Anonymous said...

Yeah that someone was me. And not only was it cooked, it was shot, plucked and then cooked. Good Times.

LH

Anonymous said...

Pluck this!

mchumps said...

We had no green bean casserole at Thanksgiving OR Christmas this year....I'm going to weep about this now.

Happy New Year!!!