Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oh my gosh I am getting OLD

Ok, Heidi blogging here... Yesterday was Kindergarten orientation day and believe it or not I held back the tears, barely. We started off the day with a trip down the lunch line followed by a talk from the Principle Kepke (who looks very young to be a principle) then the children were released to teachers for an afternoon in the classroom. I was left without my little side kick looking around at all the other parents wondering why I was the only one looking on the verge of tears. I don't know what I am going to without Brooke each day. Not only is she my friend but she is a great help. For instance, on "cleaning house day" she dusts, cleans the toilets and mops the kitchen and when I am caught in my car frantically looking for my sunglasses she so kindly tells me "they are on your head." Don't get me wrong there are days when I want to ring her little neck but all in all I can't believe my baby is growing up. She is very excited about school and is already a social little butterfly. We had another big accomplishment yesterday when Brooke mastered the monkey bars all by herself! It was an eventful day at the Humphrey's household!

2 comments:

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

wow Heidi..welcome to the world of parenting...the hard part is not all the work, but the letting go...I feel ALL your pain...

Luke...Heidi...Brooke....Jake said...

You rock honey! Always remember you were the first Hump honey to blog.