Friday, June 09, 2006

Home

What's wrong mom, no time to blog......I am sure this week took you back to the old days of having a house full of misfits. Well I am glad that my wife and daughter are back home. The house if very silent without them. Work life sucked today, but coming home to see my family made up for everything. I am typing this with Brooke sitting on my lap while we listen to a little bit of Hypnotize. She just sits here and hums most of the song until she gets to the parts she know where she sings "why don't you ask the kids at......(more humming) square" If any of you know the song or have heard it before the humming part is the kids at "Tineman Square, was fashion the reason why they were there." Then she sings "she's scared that I will take her away from there, dreams and her country left with no one there." Man are we some fortunate people. Are blogs have told us all this over and over and over. Are we really taking advantage of it? I guess its the old saying that you don't miss something until its gone. I really am learning the heard way to cherish my family more and more each day. Maybe this is why mom and dad used to fight before when we were growing up, maybe its really just part of life and learning. Enough b.s. deep thinking today. We are going to go look at possible new member of our family tomorrow and then head to the northwoods to see some new friends and fish. All depends on the pedigree of the parents tomorrow; not for the friends but the family member. We wont be able to tell much tomorrow because they are only 1 week old, so their eyes are just opening and they are just getting on their feet.....I am pretty insane about this new member and everything has to be perfect. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

wow...MY son. Sorry you missed them, but thank you for sharing them...they are a delight and fun to have around. It has been a housefull, but not of misfits, of beautiful, perfect grandkids! NOW you know how very silent MY house becomes when you are all gone! I love your deep thoughts Luke, don't stop. Please. These blogs feed my soul. Glad you have your family back and can't WAIT to see the new additon!The only thing missing out of the last month will my being able to see YOU!

Micah said...

What are our kids going to be singing when they get older? I mean all of them (Colly [Pearl Jam], Brooky [SOAD], and Annie [Sufjan]) are listening to the kid stuff and the adult stuff that we like. It'd be like if dad played The Doors and Hendrix for us. It's interesting to think about. Hopefully it's expanding their minds.